What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

Taking Up Running! Really?!?

Ginger Writes “I am really starting to get excited about running a half marathon. Yep, that’s right. Sounds like it will be late August or early September, Not sure where yet and I can’t fully explain why I would be excited about running, I am NOT a runner. I am hoping to be working out the details in a few weeks while I am in Florida. BUT, I am going to do it! I purchased a book online for Rookie Half Marathon runners and by what I can gather I need to at least spend the next 8 weeks to prepare for the training. Yep, pre-training for the actual training. I almost laughed myself right out of my seat when I read that. According to this information I need to be able to run for 25 to 30 minutes straight before beginning the REAL training. Now, I have several friends who are marathon runners. You can’t live in St. George and not have friends who are marathon runners. I am hoping to sign up for the many 5K’s that pop up around here to help prepare for it.

So what else can I say? I am starting to learn that I need more than just losing weight as a motivation for working out. I need to be working toward something. It couldn’t come at a better time since I am trying to prepare myself for the wedding in September. The best part is that I don’t really care what size my dress is as long as I feel I am healthy. This is a shift that came over the last few years as I have learned to just love myself the way I am. Shane has been a big part of that. A day doesn’t go by that he doesn’t tell me how beautiful he believes I am. In some ways (Don’t tell him) I feel so comfortable with myself and my body, I haven’t had a motivation to get back in shape. BUT, that has now changed with the thought of working towards a fun life goal. I have always wanted to run a marathon. I never really thought I could do it though. Maybe by running a half marathon I can decide then if a FULL marathon would be realistic. If it is, I will plan to run the famous St. George Marathon. It will have to be in 2012 since I will be on a FUN Cruise during this year’s run.

Ok, I think I have rambled enough… Goodnight everyone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment