What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

A blog from Shane - Month of March

Shane writes: "After receiving numerous inquiries as to why I have yet to contribute to this blog, I have decided to make my first entry. After mulling it over, I decided a good thing to blog about would be the month of March.

What's not to love about March? Old man winter is finally making his lethargic exit and God's creations are springing back to life. It is nice to wake in the morning and hear the cheerful song of birds as they migrate their way to northern climates. Who doesn't love to look outside to see the sun shining on the green mountains and red rock of Southern Utah? And what is not to love about college basketball in full swing? It's March Madness time and I am giddy with the prospect of winning the bracket challenge yet again. I am the reigning champ and have absolutely no intention of passing the crown this year, although Ginger or my parents will try to make you believe one of them will be able to dethrone the King of the Brackets. As I write this blog, I am firmly perched in front of the TV doing some last minute studies on particular teams of interest.

Oops...I realize now that I told Ginger I would not write about politics or sports in our blog. Sorry sweetie. I had to get that jab in there. Alright, time to shift focus on other reasons to be excited about March. When you reside in an area of immense beauty such as we do, it excites the mind and heart to think of the plenty of adventures that await us in our own backyard. Will Angel's Landing finally be conquered by a man with a great fear of heights? Ginger seems to think so. We shall see. March and April are among my favorite times to hike in Zion. It is not too hot but warm enough, and the tourists have yet to make their exodus to our heaven on earth.

I am excited to take Kobe to Navajo Lake and do some camping. I am relieved that there are not many feirce storms remaining in the season to interrupt a nice day at work. And I am antsy to get a little spring cleaning done in the house and the yard.

It is definitely a great time of year. Grass starts to turn green, flowers start to bloom, the smell of BBQ fills the air and children playing and laughing brings joy to the heart. And this nasty virus called cabin fever starts to get quelled. Finally, Spring is here!!! Stay tuned for what I hope to be frequent posts exhibiting our passion for life."

No comments:

Post a Comment