What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

It's Sunday and I have Ants in my Pants

Ginger Writes "What to do today? So many options, its days like today that drive me a little batty. Shane is driving today so I am down in St. George, but I am tempted to head up to Cedar City to start sifting through the garage for our yard sale that we are trying to put together for May. I am amazed at how much I have purged out of my life but also amazed at how much is still sitting in boxes. Over the last four years I have purged tons of stuff with each move and have donated a lot to Good Will (Deseret Industries for the Utah crowd) When I first moved here I had an entire U-Haul full of stuff. I am certain it is cut in half by now. To save money (In our pursuit to be debt free) Shane and I decided to get rid of the storage unit I had most of my stuff in and use his garage instead. So now we are planning to do another “Purge” of items (Both his and mine) and put the money aside into a fund to use for new furniture someday. My black furniture that I have had for over 10 years is being used in the Nixon’s house and I have to say it has held up beautifully considering all the moves it has been through. 6 total. Every time I tell people how old it is they are amazed. So, when the time comes to sell it, I am sure it will raise a few dollars for our cause.

Andrea and I worked out this morning and did the Kempo X DVD. I have decided it’s one of my favorites now. It’s mostly boxing moves but I feel all sweaty and accomplished when we are done. I am very uncoordinated and have not yet gotten the moves down very smoothly. But hopefully over time I will start to do better at it. Tomorrow will be the start of the 3rd week. I haven’t lost much weight yet But my pants feel like they are fitting better. I am hoping the theory that muscle weighs more than fat is what is really going on. Hahaha. Time will tell. I am sure it is also not helping that I haven't shifted my diet much. One step at a time. Shane took some before pictures for me last week. I am thankful because I need some motivation. The fact that my back is almost back to normal has been the biggest motivation. If I don't lose one pound and have the new found flexibility that has come with this program.. I will still be happy.

Alright, so time to go take a shower and head up to Cedar. I will work on the garage, throw in some laundry , work on a new side business that my sis has me involved in (More to come on that) and then make Shane some dinner. (2nd time in two weeks, that’s a record of some sort.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment