What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

Our Day In Court

Ginger Writes "Shane and I got an opportunity to spend some time together today but not in our usual way. :) I went to court on a case for work and Shane went along as my bouncer. (Ok, that might be a little exaggerated) This client I was going to court for made me a little nervous and it was possible that my testimony was going to put him away. But just in case they didn't, Shane offered to go with to protect me on the walk out of the court room. I have never been to court before for this type of thing, so it was an interesting experience. I was expecting the client to be coming in on his own free will. However, after a few minutes into the proceedings a bailiff brought him in wearing shackles and a jail jump suit. I could tell the prosecuting attorney was surprised and he turned around to ask me my name to see if I was his witness. Apparently the man was picked up over the weekend for felony drug charges and the attorney didn't know anything about it. To say the least, my testimony was no longer needed. Whew! I was relieved and we were able to leave with no worries. Not a normal way to spend time with your boyfriend but needless to say, I was very grateful for the time I was given."

1 comment:

  1. Get used to it. Shane spends a lot of time in court............watching basketball....you know, the court and stuff.........ummmm.....

    ReplyDelete