What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

P90X update and stuff

5 ish in the morning is starting to not be so bad. Like anything else it takes some getting use to. Day 12 of P90X and I am feeling pretty good. My back is doing much much better. (Thanks John) There is still a tightness that is there that has prevented me from fully doing the AB ripper X portion of the program but I have been modifying the moves to help relieve the strain. I am determined within the next few weeks I will get through all the moves on that particular portion. The part that has really hit me hard is the stretching of my legs. I am not to a place "yet" where I can keep my legs straight when I sit on the floor and reach for my toes. That really bothered me and has motivated me to do extra stretching every day with my legs. I can remember when I was a kid and all of that came so easy.. At the time I thought nothing of it and took for granted the flexibility of my body. I am determined to get back to that place but this time be grateful and aware how easy it is to lose it.

I have not fully modified my diet but am still going strong with staying caffeine free. I have slipped a few drinks of Shane's sodas here and there but for the most part this is the longest I have gone without it and I am pretty proud of it. I have been trying for well over 6 years to cut it out of my diet and have failed every time. Not fully sure what shifted this time but getting through the withdrawals and feeling the way I do now has made a big difference in not wanting to go back to it.

My dear friend Laura is coming in a week and a half from Wisconsin to visit.. I am pretty excited about it and keep getting gitty. We are going to head over to Zions and do some hiking around. I just love that place and its going to be fun to hang with her there. I have had family out this way recently but its going to be awesome to have a wisonsinite who I have been friends with for over 16 years out to visit.

Well, Till next time... Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment