What this Blog is All About - Our Life

We have started a blog. Why? To share our lives with the many family and friends who don't live near us. Seems over the years everyone has scattered. (Or rather, we have scattered) Shane's Family in Idaho and Ginger's Family in Wisconsin. There are also the wide range of friends, all over the country, we have made through TurningLeaf seminars. We thought this would be a nice place to keep the world informed of our lives. (Those who dare, anyway!)

Spoiled

Shane Writes "Ginger and I had a very action-packed and fun weekend that left me with a migraine for the better part of the day Monday.

The weekend started with a cold but very fun camping trip in the Virgin River Gorge with some good friends. We took a little hike Saturday evening as the sun was going down and built a campfire and grilled some hot dogs. When we woke in the morning, the wind was blowing and the cold cut right through. We broke camp and went to Mesquite for a little lunch in a park, then said goodbye to our party. Then, off to St. George to get cleaned up and go to a very yummy dinner consisting of ribs, sweet potatoes, shrimp pasta salad and asparagus. The dinner was shared with a very awesome family whom we are grateful to be in the presence of.

Next, time to separate Kobe from his buddy Duke and head home. Needless to say, a warm and comfy bed was very welcoming. That is, until 3:00 in the morning when I awoke with the worst migraine I have had in about ten years. The rest of the morning was filled with very short micro-naps interrupted by intense burst of pain and nausea. I finally rolled out of bed at about 11:00 and came out to join Ginger. The couch was my destination for the next few hours. But, I was not eager to get off the couch as I was being spoiled. Ginger rubbed my headache away and got me lunch. Then, we just sat around and relaxed. And to top it off, she made me a very delicious dinner-Chicken Alfredo over angel hair pasta and Texas toast. This is the first opportunity I have had to sample Ginger's home cookin' and I must say-I am in LOVE!!! I sit here and type this with a full belly and a diminished migraine. Just don't tell her that. Maybe I can get another head rub out of this :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment